Wednesday 4 January 2012

Busy couple of days and have started Chemo

I had my CT scan yesterday, no issue putting the cannula in.   Took the girls to Bournemouth and they had a fab time.  I was fortunate to arrange a consultation with Barbara Cox who runs Nutrichef at the last minute whilst I was in the area.  This was extremely educational and I will share what I have learnt from her when I have put my plan together.

This morning I went to have my bloods taken. Three people and 4 attempts later I was feeling queasy. All I could think of was I could really do with a packet of Tooty fruities.  As I hadn't got my purse on me I remembered I had brought in the left over Christmas cake to share at work and that hit the spot.

I went back this afternoon to meet with the Pharmacist and I was there for an hour going through the medication and the possible side effects and we discussed the ways to manage them.  I am taking 2100mg of Capecitabine twice a day shortly after food.  1 cycle is 2 weeks of the daily dosage then 1 week off and I am on 6 cycles initially.

Wasn't a brilliant day with one thing and another and when I got home it got worse with Holly just being a typical teenager which I didn't ignore. All calm now, first dose taken and they have stayed down.  I was told to take my first dose in the evening rather then the morning as for some reason this minimises the side effects.

I feel prepared but still anxious.  The great news about today was that my blood test results were brilliant with only 1 area of concern instead of 4 in my liver functions.   Can't wait to see my scan report.

Well off to bed now will keep you posted ... 
PS Wend that was the first album I ever bought!

1 comment:

  1. Facebook Comments
    David Blackwell Fingers crossed Sue x
    Annette Newman ‎:-) all the best Sue xx
    Jess Matthews thinking of you BIG HUGS x
    Donna Rogers thinking of you sue x
    Lesley Probyn All the best with it Sue, you know of the great success stories with this drug, hope you'll be the next one xxx
    Kathryn Baker sat on my sofa yesterday with my bowl I was thinkin of you xx
    Jeanie Mann Thinking of u Sue all the best lots of love Jeanie Stu Jordan and Sophia xxx
    Catherine Smith Thinking of you Sue, much love x x
    Norma Goodier Big hugs being sent south to you xxx
    Sonia McCullough ♥
    Sam Chandler Xxx :-)
    Helen King Big love Sue xxxxx
    Carol-Ann Billingham We are all thinking of you at Lower Wick Sue, Hugs xxx
    Cathy Burke Thinking of you Sue. xxx
    Chrissie Xccx Ashton Bigs hugs from us x
    Caroline Jamelskyj Thinking of u,love and hugs x
    Katherine Taylor lots of love xx
    Catherine Hanby Thinking of you x
    Anne Bebbington ‎(((Hugs)))
    Catrina Rusher All the best lovey xxxxx thinking of you xxx
    Jacqui Lallis Hi hun, sending you big hugs and kisses - loads of love Jacqui and Jasmine xxxx
    J-me Davies Hope everything goes well! Much healing love and energy coming your way :D X

    ReplyDelete