Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Operation Date Postponed

I came home yesterday to find yet another letter from the Hospital.  I opened it with excitement thinking this was my pre op  assessment appointment come through.  Sadly it was a letter confirming that my operation date has been postponed to the 6th December citing other emergencies as a possible reason.

Gutted as I am, I know that the reason for this is probably a lady who is at the stage I was at, this time last year. However on the plus side, I have 8 weeks to loose at least half a stone, which I know a can achieve if I put my mind to it. It's just the practical arrangements I have to re arrange now and  I think I should sort out plan B.

Sunday, 10 October 2010

2nd Operation date confirmed

I have been on Tamoxifen for just over a week and and so far so good.  Getting more hot flushes.  So far, knees are holding up as well.  All is good. 

Opened up my  post today. Holly puts it in various places around the house and doesn't tell me.  I found a letter confirming my date for my next operation as Monday 8th November.  This is to reduce the size of my other breast to match the one that was reconstructed last year.
Just got to make all the practical arrangements now.