Friday 12 October 2012

Chemo it is then....

and I started Tuesday night with Capecitabine which I had in January.  My bloods and tumour markers haven't improved over the last 4 weeks.  This has been hindered by me feeling ill.  All the symptoms pointed to a liver infection and I have been in touch regularly with the Secondary Breast Care nurse.  I had 2 episodes in 3 weeks and a normal healthy person would fight it without knowing, however as I have a poorly liver, it struggled and didn't I know it!
I am disappointed to be going on the chemo again but it will all be  fine as it was earlier in the year.  I will be doing 6 cycles (3 weeks to a cycle) and the results will be measured by my blood test results towards then end of each cycle as before.
My talented nephew, Jamie stopped by and helped me with my desire for homoeopathic remedies and my supplies of Astragalus , Ashwagandha  and Gotu Kola have arrived.  These will help with my immune system and the fatigue with lots of other benefits as well. 

Well onto the more exciting stuff.  Thanks to those that have already bought their tickets for the ball on the 10th November.  Those that said they would  now is the time to buy your tickets.  Those that are thinking about it still, go on you know you want to...  You don't want to be looking at the photos afterwards and think I wish I had gone...

Also thanks to those that have donated raffel prizes.  I will update the website this weekend - www.scccbash.co.uk and email scccbash@gmail.com for your tickets and if you have anything you would like to donate.

On the plus side with this being ill thing, I have lost 12lb in weight.  Always looking on the bright side Sue xx

No comments:

Post a Comment