Thursday, 7 May 2009

Chemo Round 3 part 2 !!

Thanks for that update Rachel.
I knew it was going to be a long day Wednesday. Tuesday started off ok. Went to work before going to CAFE group. Had a neck and shoulder massage and some crystal healing before getting to the Hospital for a blood test and pre assessment appointment. Was'nt kept waiting long and was called in to see the Oncology Dr. He asked me what I understood about the Ultra Scan that I had last week. I confirmed that I knew that Cruella had'nt grown but not shrunk either and they may change my drug combination extending my chemo by another 6 weeks. He agreed with this but advised that the decision on changing the drugs would not be made until after cycle 4 and would like to examine Cruella still. I went to the bed and took my top off and before I could take off my bra he asked what I was doing with a rock in there. I was gobsmacked as this was a rose quartz that was placed when I had my crystal healing and couldnt believe I had walked out with it and all had a giggle over it. We touched the subject of surgery as I need to know timings from a practical point. It will be after chemo and likely to be September. He mentioned that I could do with loosing weight for reconstruction but I dont want to know the details yet. This appointment didn't take long, only an hour on the car park.

Decided that I would walk to the hospital Wednesday, got their earlier to look round the new cancer centre that is opening on Monday. Went off to have my chemo, my appt was at 11.30 but took an hour before I even got hooked up. Yes I looked away and cried. I was left for ages before they brought in my drugs. They didnt loose my lunch this time. They were not ready for me and on checking they were not expecting me till 2pm. It was 1.45 pm before I got out the room. As I had another appt at 3 had agreed to meet up with a friend who was with her mother having her first chemo at 2. I loitered till about 2:45pm and carried on chatting in the waiting room with the other people that were there. Then I went off to my counselling appt and more tears flowed. Got out around 4.15 and decided to walk into town and catch a taxi or bus as was knakered but then one of our senior team was leaving the hospital at the same time and gave me a lift home. Bonus !!

Felt absolutely knackered and tearfull when i got in. Holly was not feeling well either. She's been with her Dad the weekend and we got told Wednesday evening that her sister has chicken pox so I think she is fighting that breaking out. Decided only fish and chips would do and that is what we had. I didnt reaslise till this morning that I hadnt taken my anti sickness tablets but wasnt feeling sick or anything.
Didnt sleep well last night. Got Holly home as well today as she's still poorly. Got back to bed around 12 and didnt get up till 2.30pm. Wasnt hungry this morning and didnt eat until I woke up this afternoon. Left most my tea as well but have decided not to take my anti sickness tablets as still not feeling sick. As advised by at the Dr earlier I have started to take Senna now rather then wait to be consitpated.

Also my next Chemo appt is going to be moved from the 27th May to after my holiday in Cornwall, 3rd June. I did say we could come up for the day if they change the date as it was actually on Holly's birthday but the team are happy to let me delay the chemo for a week. I'm chuffed i'm not interrupting our holiday but not chuffed by extending my treatment but then whats another week and lets hope it's not another 6 weeks that will get added if my drugs are changed.

1 comment:

  1. You'd think your boobs are quite big enough without having to stuff rocks in there to make 'em bigger!!

    Sounds like a rough week mate. Keep looking forward to your holiday, you deserve a good break and it's great news that you can enjoy it uninterrupted.