Tuesday 9 April 2013

Quick update - A fantastic week all round...

I have had my Acities dealt with last Thursday.  Over 5.5 litres of  fluid drained loosing over a stone in weight.  I can breath easier and my mobility has improved and I feel better than I have in a long time.  Just getting my appetite back and build up my strength . 

I had clinic today which delivered more good news as my liver functions have all improved !!!  Despite having Local Anesthetic, pain killers and anti sickness drugs when I had my Acities fluid drained and having a 24 hour vomiting bug.  We agreed that my body has just had so much to deal with and is now starting to get back to normal.

This means I am going to give Capecitabine another go in 2 weeks time starting with lower dosage to see what the side effects are going to be like.  The success of this will be measured by a having a CT Scan when I start and one more probably after 3 months like last time to look for reduction in the tumours. Also I will have blood tests every 3 weeks.  My oncologist did reiterate that just because it worked a year ago doesn't always mean that it will work again and I assured her I understand that risk but I am going to combine this with the homeopathy drugs as well.  Keeping my fingers and toes crossed...

I am seeing a light and normality at the end of the tunnel and feel I can even start thinking about escaping back to work xx.

1 comment:

  1. Liking the light at the end of the tunnel. May it become brighter and brighter.

    ReplyDelete