Sunday 10 July 2011

Well done Holly, Karen and Teri

Holly for completing her first ever Race for Life in 36 minutes,  followed by Teri at 42 minutes 10 secs then Karen at 42 min 14 seconds.  Also collectively so far they have raised £470.  Considering Holly admits now to having done no training I feel so proud of her and I'm not allowed to call her a couch potatoe any more.
 It was a lovely atmosphere at the site.  I felt really humbled reading the messages on people's back and I felt very lucky and my challenge was not to cry and I achieved it but only just!  Also just a tad inspired so I'll put it on my bucket list for next year and all being well I should be able to walk it.  Holly is inspired to train for next year's attempt and  we're going to cheer the ladies taking part in Taunton's Race for Life on Sunday.
I'm sure we're both going to get a good night sleep tonight.  Yes I found it hard being on my feet all morning!  Big thank you to Teri and Karen as this would not have happened without your enthusiasm and if anyone would still like to sponsor them all their links are in the Race for Life tab at the top of the page. 
Proud parent signing off, night all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment