Sunday 17 July 2011

The Penny Brohn Cancer Centre

based in Bristol came to Taunton to hold their 3 day course called Living Well Beyond and with Cancer.  This was in the Education Academy at St Margaret's Hospice and I was lucky enough to get a place on it.  Some of  the topics covered were, Healthy Eating, with cookery demonstrations, Exercise, Spiritual Health, Finance Welfare, Mindfulness, Selfhelp techniques for relaxation, meditation and Imagery. I found the course extremely beneficial and I managed to put on my pause button and think about what matters to me, what do I want to do about and where do I want to be.  We were encouraged to use the SMART technique , Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely when setting some personal goals to enhance our lives.  I have made 3 very realistic personal goals with exercise, eating, and meditation and I will keep you posted :-)
If you want to find out more about what this centre can do here's the link to their website.  http://www.pennybrohncancercare.org/

I met amazing people on this course, and through sharing our experiences, I felt emotionally drained,  however it did me also make realise how lucky I am.  I did chuckle though when told how atheltic I must have been when I used to go swimming and got up to 50 lengths.  Me atheltic :-)

Pressing my play button and back to reality, Holly came home with a fantastic report with room for targets and goals next year.  Proud parent mode boosted for another week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment