Friday 8 April 2011

Feeling extreeeemly Lucky

I know it sounds daft but I do and here's one of the reasons why.
For those that know me well,  you will agree I struggle asking for and accepting help. I prefer to give it. Now I know how everyone feels who love and care about me as I felt the same way with my brothers David and Colin (Happy Birthday to Colin btw for last Tuesday.  Did have a pint for you). I wanted to  help them but all I could do was lend an ear and give them my time.  I felt it all inadequate as I couldn't remove their cancer and give them their life back.  David didn't have any chance and when I think what Colin had to deal with in the 3 years he had, even having a villa at his disposal in Cyprus he didn't make it there.  Every time he thought of a suitable time something came up.  We did have 10 days camping August 2009 together and I know the kids remember him best with the photo we have of him in wetsuit, hat, whistle, body board, Strongbow in hand and a huge cheesy grin.  The ill, grumpy Colin is forgotton.  Thinking of this helps me embrace the wonderful gift that the A team have instigated for me and Holly and makes me feel extremly lucky. Thank you to everyone seems wholly inadequate (I really should dig out my dictionary umm will put it on bucket list).
I have had a busy but productive week.  Working my way down my task list, not much more to do.  People call me inspirational but I receieved a truely inspirational email from someone who doesn't know me after being drawn to a comment I left on a FB blog for This Morning (TV Show that some lovely people get invited on :-) ) In summary this lady, Claire from Ipswich shared her story with me and realy gave me hope and so cheered me up,  not that I need cheering up.    She was diagnosed in 2006 with Metastatic Breast Cancer spread to Liver and Bones and given 2 weeks left to live.  At the time she had 3 young children under 8.  The positive message to never give up hope and it's not our turn yet stood out.  Thank you Claire.  Despite being positve about all of this your email has not only turned this around for me but for my family as well.
Well it's a busy weekened here in Taunton and the sun is out as well.  I am nervous about it all  but so looking forward to spending time with family and friends sharing memories and making a bucket list. Thanks to everyone including those that can't make it who have emailed theirs in. My brother Kevin says this all feels a bit morbid but then really looking forward to the get together. And thanks to the Taxi driver who refused to take my fare on Tuesday after I pointed out that I wasn't drunk just recovering after operations making it difficult for me to get into big vehicles and that I may need the wheel chair space in his taxi. I put the fare in the Bucket for the fund thank you.
Have a lovely weekend everyone and hope is a good one with the sun shining on all of us xxx

1 comment:

  1. Facebook comments

    Dave Gill, Percy Chris Clarke, Caroline Rowe and 11 others like this..
    Sam Chandler ‎:-)
    Friday at 08:46.Rachel Rosie Davies and of course even lovelier people need to write into ITV for the lovely people to be invited on ;) ♥ xx
    Friday at 08:49 .Sami Heath ヅ Sue have a lovely time this weekend x
    Friday at 10:04.Jill Hitchcock Miracles do happen everyday , I think you were born a fighter Sue . Hope that you have a good weekend .((hugs))
    Friday at 12:53 .Jill S Ooms Have a great weekend Sue and let that sun shine down on you.....sunshine and fresh air can do wonders for the body and mind.xxx
    Friday at 15:34.Caroline Robinson have a lovely weekend, sorry won't be able to come down but if you have one up here we will pop over xxx
    Friday at 22:01.Janette Dyer Love you Sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete