Tuesday 5 January 2010

Happy New Year - Radiotherapy here I come!

Happy new year everyone! Hope ours is a bit better then last year. Can't even describe the mixture of emotions going through my head at the moment...
Back at work today and went to my first Radiotherapy appointment. The Radiographer was lovely once I got seen after waiting for 45 minutes. Had a chat, going over the forms before lying down on the scanner. The Radiographer explained to me the process and she was a bit evasive over the use of the needle word. I butted in and said your using needles and she nodded. I rolled my eyes, here we go again I thought but at least it will only be once she says hoping.
Both the Oncologist Dr's then came in to mark the spots. I laughed as it was like a mini reunion as I hadn't seen one of them since September. I got taped, scanned and needled. It wasn't too bad. I can't feel anything on my right hand side any way!
After getting dressed they had to take my photo. This was weird as I had to hold up a big strip of paper confirming my patient number, bit like someone who has had to go to prison and then it was all over. I know I am over the worst of my treatment but not looking forward to the fatigue that is going to accompany the Radiotherapy. Just starting to feel closest to normal then I have for a long time. My treament plan has also been confirmed with 25 appointments starting on the 25th January. All of them are at 4:15pm or later apart from 2 which are at 2:45pm. Also don't have to fret as Colin's funeral is before this treatment starts. It feels weird as we had been sharing our treatment trauma's he didn't get to tell me how he felt when he had his radiotherapy. Hey Ho.....

3 comments:

  1. First blog of 2010 Sue and this is just a note to say thank you for continuing to inspire me with your positivity. You're doing so well and here's to a happy and healthy 2010 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen. I do have my trauma moments as I call them but life doesn't chuck at you what you cannot deal with and we have tog et on with it. However I do think we've had our fair share and could do with a break!! And as long as I can share the positivity and help people I will carry on. Here's to all of us for 2010 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had to deal with Cancer,but have a rare condition, there isn't a cure.Ill for 4yrs but took 2 to diagnose.My next Hospital visit 15th Jan. It's surprising what we cope with in life.
    Wishing you well, and Best Wishes for 2010.
    Aileen...X

    ReplyDelete