Saturday 20 February 2010

Radiotherapy - 4 Weeks down 1 week left

I mentioned to the radiographers about feeling nauseous on Friday and they said that it would not have been anything to do with my treatment but to keep them informed.   I haven't felt as rough as I did on Friday and as I started to feel bunged up beginning of the week, I think I was just starting to come down with a cold.  I am sleeping much better this week as well so I'm feeling pretty good at the moment.  The senior Radiologist examined me yesterday and I have to treat my underarm as if there is an open wound and has given me Aquaform Hydrogel wound dressing to apply twice a day.  Thankfully I still have limited feeling there so it is not as bad as it could be. 
I met with the Breast Surgeon at Taunton on Thursday and went through my options for making me look symmetrical and showed me what the operation would involve.  I am going to keep my Bristol appointment and see what they have to say as well to help me make decisions.
We have been off out everyday after RT.  Cheddar, Taunton, Weston Super Mare and Camelford.  It has been a relaxing and entertaining week and only a couple of times towards the end of the day I have had to hold off going to bed as I didn't want to go before the kids!
This weekend I am just getting organised for next week.  Monday I am going to have an early treatment appointment as catching the Paddington train early evening to attend another family funeral in Croydon on Tuesday.  I am getting back Wednesday mid afternoon so can make my usual time and now having my last treatment on Monday 1st March. 
So just chilling and conserving my energy for a weekend in Edinborough for Fred's 40th and Barbara's 50th birthday celebrations on the 5th March.  Getting really excited.... He he he

2 comments:

  1. Almost there Sue! I hope your other appointment goes okay and that you will be able to decide what your options are . I go back after we come home from vacation but I am not sure if I am ready for anymore yet.
    It sounds like you and Sandy have had a good time this past week and lots of parties to come. Have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sue, I was pointed at your blog by Dave (BaldyD) who thought I might be interested. I have metastatic oesophageal cancer, and am blogging about it too.

    It does sound as though your treatment is going well. You must be very pleased. I'll keep reading...

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete